The Lisa Corwin Memorial Scholarship, for $1,000, is awarded to a student graduating from any high school in North Thurston Public Schools. This scholarship is for a student who will attend a four-year college or university outside the 13 western states. With evidence of success each year, the scholarship is renewable for $1,000 a year for three additional years, to total $4,000.
1. Open to graduating seniors in all high schools in the district.
2. The recipient shall have demonstrated academic success, good citizenship and leadership skills.
3. Priority is given to applications to colleges / universities outside the 13 Western states that include Washington, Oregon, California, Alaska, Hawaii, Montana, Idaho, Utah, Nevada, Arizona, Wyoming, Colorado, or New Mexico. May be used for colleges/universities in the Midwest, East, and South.
To be considered for a scholarship, applicant must:
1. Submit two letters of recommendation from a teacher or counselor that document scholarship, leadership and citizenship qualities and potential for success in college.
2. Submit one letter of recommendation from an individual in the community that documents a commitment to community or public service. This recommendation should not come from a school district employee
3. Submit a short essay explaining: a) why you wish to attend the chosen institution; and b) how your personal goals relate to the choice of institution.
4. Submit a transcript of grades.
5. Submit a completed application form (copy attached).
6. Staple items 1 through 5 together and submit as a unit. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
DUE DATE: Completed applications are to be submitted to the high school counselor or career center on or before April 30, 2013.
The Foundation Board of Trustees Selection Committee will review all applications and select recipients.
APPLICATION FORM OPTIONS:
Download the form application in Word format.
Download the form application in PDF format.