Jeannette Hostetter Ford Memorial Scholarship
The Jeannette Hostetter Ford Memorial Scholarship was established in honor of former teacher, Jeannette Ford. The scholarship provides $2,000 to support the education of a graduating senior who intends to pursue a career in education or history.
- The applicant shall be a graduate from a high school in North Thurston Public Schools.
- The applicant shall have demonstrated skills necessary to succeed in the chosen post-secondary school.
- The applicant shall have demonstrated good citizenship and leadership qualities.
- The applicant shall intend to pursue a career in the field of education or history upon completion of post-secondary education.
To be considered for a Foundation Scholarship an applicant must:
- Submit two (2) letters of recommendation: One from a teacher or counselor which documents the qualities that will make you an excellent educator or historian; and one from a member of the community who is not a relative of the applicant or employed in the applicant’s school describing the applicant’s leadership and community service in non-school related activity or activities in the community.
- Submit a short essay explaining what you consider to be the most important event of the last century and why.
- Submit a transcript of grades.
- Submit a completed application form and all required documents as one unit. If an on-line application is completed, this information should be noted in the packet. Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
Completed applications are to be submitted to the high school counseling or career centers or mailed to NTEF on or before the due date posted annually on www.ntef.org.
The NTEF Board of Trustees Scholarship Selection Committee reviews all applications and selects recipients. The selection process must comply with the nondiscrimination provision of the Bylaws, Article 11, Section 10.
Application forms may be obtained from the high school counselor’s office or by clicking on the button below.