Davies Vocational-Technical Scholarship
The Davies Vocational-Technical Scholarship was established by the Board of Trustees as a memorial to Violet Davies, a former high school teacher, funded through her generous bequest. The purpose of the scholarship is to provide funds for North Thurston Public School graduates who will be pursuing post-secondary vocational training.
- The applicant shall be a graduate from a high school in North Thurston Public Schools.
- The recipient shall demonstrate financial need for the scholarship showing that absence of assistance would make post-high school training difficult, if not impossible.
- Primary consideration will be given to those graduates who have completed a high school course of study in vocational-technical education.
- Consideration will be given to those students who plan to pursue post high school studies related to their high school vocational-technical course work.
- The applicant shall have demonstrated good citizenship and leadership qualities and ability to succeed at a post-secondary vocational training institution.
To be considered for a scholarship, applicant must:
- Submit two (2) letters of recommendation: One from a teacher or counselor that documents scholarship, leadership and citizenship qualities and potential for success in post-high school education; and one from a member of the community who is not a relative of the applicant or employed in the applicant’s school describing the applicant’s leadership and community service in non-school related activity or activities in the community.
- Submit a short essay responding to this topic: What is the most important invention or technological advance in your area of vocational-technical education and why?
- Submit a transcript of grades.
- Submit a completed application form and all required documents as one unit. If an on-line application is completed, this information should be noted in the packet. Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
Completed applications are to be submitted to the high school counseling or career centers or mailed to NTEF on or before the due date posted annually on www.ntef.org.
The NTEF Board of Trustees Scholarship Selection Committee reviews all applications and selects recipients. The selection process must comply with the nondiscrimination provision of the Bylaws, Article 11, Section 10.
Beginning in the 2017-18 academic year and thereafter, an additional second-year award may be made to the recipient from the preceding year who is enrolled in a course of study leading to either an associate’s degree or a specialized technical certificate requiring two years to complete and who, based on the recipient’s first year academic results, is making satisfactory progress toward an associate’s degree or completion of the two-year certificate program.
Application forms may be obtained from the high school counselor’s office or by clicking on the button below.