The North Thurston Education Foundation established a scholarship program to provide funds for North Thurston Public Schools graduates who will attend post-secondary schools, including vocational or trade schools, colleges or universities.
Foundation Application Process and Criteria
The applicant shall be a graduate from a high school in North Thurston Public Schools.
The applicant shall have demonstrated the skills necessary to succeed in the chosen post-secondary school.
The applicant shall have demonstrated good citizenship and leadership qualities.
The applicant shall have a need for financial assistance to meet educational goals.
To be considered for a Foundation Scholarship an applicant must
– Submit two letters of recommendation: One from a teacher or counselor that documents scholarship, leadership and citizenship qualities and potential for success in post-high school education; and one from a member of the community who is not an employee of the school district.
– Submit a short essay as described on the application.
– Submit a transcript of grades
– Submit a completed application form.
– All documents need to be printed on ONLY one-sided and submitted as a unit. Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
Due Date: Completed applications are to be submitted to the high school counseling or career centers or mailed to NTEF by April 12, 2019.
If you are interested in establishing a named scholarship, call our Executive Director, Michael Jones at 360-790-6548.
Contact the NTEF Scholarship Chair: